Systems Engineer, Enterprise Networks
Roles And Responsibilities
- Design, build, deliver, and operate Hybrid Network solutions to meet client requirements.
- Document the proposed technology solution.
- Document the statement of work along with all labor requirements.
- Work with the Client Manager to prepare the pricing format that will be supplied to the customer.
- Perform the actual solution design and prepare a parts list outlining solution components/equipment to be provided.
- Develop and manage a proof-of-concept as such may be required.
- Engage all technical resources required for an accurate solution design.
- Document all deliverables and what constitutes a successful completion.
- Verify the proposal’s accuracy and sign off on the final documents to be presented to the client.
- Assist the Client Manager during the final presentation to the client as appropriate.
- Provide documentation for solutions delivered to clients.
- Work with project managers and other delivery teams to ensure that solutions provided to customers are delivered within specified timelines.
- Highlight risks, provide alternative options, and recommend quality solutions to specified problems.
- Where feasible, use automation to reduce delivery time and human intervention on repetitive tasks
- Act as subject matter expert on a variety of technologies within the enterprise Networks portfolio
- Guide on change management on change management when integrating solutions provided to customers.
- Guide and/or mentor junior engineer.
Key Skills And Attributes
- Design, implement, administering, and strong troubleshooting experience on the following.
- Data Centre Network technologies such as Data Centre Interconnect (DCI), VXLAN, OTV, LISP, VPCs, etc.
- Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) with strong background on Cisco Viptela, Cisco Meraki, and Fortinet SD-WAN
- Software Defined Access (SDA) with a strong background in Cisco SD-Access, Meraki Solutions, Fortinet and HPE Aruba.
- Network Admission Control (NAC) with strong background on Cisco ISE, Fortinac and HPE Aruba ClearPass.
- Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) with strong background on Cisco ACI or Arista Solutions.
- Enterprise Wireless Solutions with strong backgrounds on Cisco WLAN, Meraki, Fortinet and HPE Aruba
- Advanced experience in designing, configuring, and troubleshooting routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS and BGP)
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and architectures (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANS, routing, etc.) Familiarity with network security technologies and solutions.
- Knowledge of Zero Trust Network Access will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of network programmability and automation will be advantageous.
- Good understanding and appreciation of technical design and business principles
- Ability to create accurate diagrams and documentation for designing and deploying of Enterprise Network solutions.
- Experience in carrying out Enterprise Network assessments and reporting/recommendation writing.
- Experience presenting solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in multi-vendor Network products and solutions and understanding of industry best practices.
- Demonstrate Client engagement skills.
- Previous experience in technical proposal writing
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Team player
Academic Qualifications And Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study
- At least 3-4 years in the enterprise Network and Security field
- Cisco Professional level Certification i.e., CCNP enterprise, CCNP Data Centre
- Expert level network and security certification i.e., Fortinet NSE7 (enterprise firewall), HPE Aruba, Meraki etc.
- DevOps certification and experience scripting and network automation will be an added advantage
How To Apply