Job Title: IT Services Application Support
Hiring Organization: Anonymous
Location – Locality: Nairobi
Location – Region: Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/13/2023Gross Salary: Ksh 185k – 195k,
Our client is seeking to hire an IT Services Application Support who will be the primary point of contact for the business unit’s internal and external customers. Activities which include maintaining servers and applications; testing, releasing, and deploying applications; providing assistance to other Field Operations Technicians; and answering technical questions.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to ensure efficient and effective operation of the solution.
- Perform daily maintenance, troubleshooting tasks and provide technical support according to established procedures.
- Maintain applications in high-availability and production environments.
- Diagnose and resolve system, application, and data issues.
- Coordinate service activities with other teams and technical resources.
- Identify and find solutions to address situations requiring urgent attention.
- Troubleshoot performance issues.
- Manage application servers.
- Respond to requests of the development team.
- Anticipate & introduce new servicing tools to monitor & troubleshoot applications.
- Provide assistance to field technicians. Answer technical queries.
- Perform and develop monitoring activities.
- Analyze recurring and intermittent problems.
Key Qualification & Experiences:
- BSc. Computer-related degree in IT/ Engineering.
- At least 3-5 years of postgraduate experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge in Tableau desktop & server, Microsoft SQL server – SSRS/SSAS/SSIS and Power BI is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Windows, Linux, Java/J2EE, JBoss, SPLUNK, Oracle and SQL.
- Interested in monitoring technology trends and in continuous self-improvement.
- Able to work effectively with teams across geographically distributed regions
- Providing technology mentoring and guidance to other team members
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively on the technical subject matter with non-specialists.
- Strong will adhere to best practices.
- Excellent communication in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on issues and provide clear and accessible technical information on ticket handling.
- Able to make suggestions on current system and process improvement.
- Ability to apply critical thinking when it comes to incidence and problem management
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (IT Services Application Support) to email@example.com before 20th September 2023.