Job Title: Senior Accountant
Hiring Organization: Anonymous
Location – Locality: Nairobi
Location – Region: Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/12/2023Gross Salary: Kshs 80-90k,
Our client is a leading FMCG company in Kenya. They seek to hire a Senior Accountant who will manage and perform daily accounting tasks that will support their financial team.
- To be the point of contact for finance in all operations, sales reporting, expenditure analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and financial, accountability.
- Carry out monthly executive reporting on milk rate computation, identifying opportunities for cost savings and revenue improvement.
- Verification of payment vouchers and reconciliation of discrepancies within the books of accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of monthly management reports.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget statement and performing monthly variance reviews.
- Responsible for Cash flow management & short-term funding requirements.
- Oversee bank reconciliations for assigned M-pesa tills and bank accounts.
- Handling profitability management, product costing, product pricing, capital expenditure planning inventory management, debtors’ management, creditors management, OPEX management, and business unit management.
- Responsible for ensuring the company is compliant on all statutory requirements.
- Contribute to financial systems implementation to ensure compliance with internal financial policies, procedures, control mechanisms, and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Lead the finance team and be a dependable finance business partner across multiple departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field of study.
- CPA finalist or ACCA.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience and at least 3 years in supervisory role.
- Experience in Dairy Industry/Dairy Processor would be desirable.
- Strong experience of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to generate and communicate ad hoc financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels who represent a variety of diverse backgrounds
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organizing abilities
- Strong leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Adaptable with the ability to pro-actively solve problems
- Integrity, with a commitment to service
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Accountant-Dairy) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28th September 2023.