Accounts Assistant – Kenya , North Star Alliance .
- Project Financial record keeping.
Entering various transactions into the accounting system on a daily basis and filing all financial records appropriately in line with the filing system.
- Ensuring that Wellness centres/service delivery points are well supplied in a timely manner.
- Processing Purchase orders and payments.
In liaison with Procurement Officer ensuring that all requisite procurement procedures have been followed and the requisite support documentation is available and appropriately filed. Liaising with the Wellness Centres/service delivery points for documentation. Ensuring that all support documentation is available to support payment of transactions.
- Maintaining the Assets register. Updating regularly and arranging for Assets verification at least twice a year.
- Carrying out bank and other accounts reconciliations and preparing reconciliation statements on a monthly basis at the end of the month.
- Arranging for physical cash counts at least once a month at the centre level.
- Ensuring adherence to the financial procedures.
- Participating in Budget preparation and review.
- Maintaining Project records
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- Prepare and submit statutory reports and tax returns related to the project on a timely manner, VAT filing, and others
- Receive, review, summarize and file project staff time sheets
- Receive, review, summarize and file project volunteer time sheets
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal, internal and Partner regulations
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Officer
Education & Experience
- Accounting qualification, at least CPA 1 (Foundation Level).
- At least 1 years’ experience in not for profit accounting
- Working knowledge of USG funded projects is desirable.
- A good understanding of the health landscape in Kenya would also be desirable.
- Proficiency in electronic accounting systems.
- An excellent communicator with strong writing skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, kindly submit your application letter (indicating expected salary), Certificates and CV online on