TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Company Ltd was established to operate and provide water within TaitaTaveta County.
Our vision is to be the leading water service provider of quality affordable water and sanitation services in Taita Taveta County.
To achieve this, we need to strengthen our manpower. We therefore invite applications from suitable qualified and experienced candidates with excellent credentials to fill the following positions;
JOB TITLE: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER- PROCUREMENT NUMBER OF POST: ONE (1)
TERMS OF SERVICE: PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
REPORTING: TO THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER
The Supply Chain Management Officer is responsible to the Supply Chain Management Officer for interpretation and application of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Law and support the Tavevo Water and Sewerage Company’s Supply Chain processes in procurement, stores/inventory management and contract management.
- Ensuring the implementation and interpretation of supply chain management policies, regulations and procedures;
- Oversee the procurement processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015, Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations, 2006 and other laws and policy documents that impact on procurement;
- Ensure to advise the Board on supply chain management matters;
- Timely prepare annual procurement plans for goods and services;
- Ensure security and proper preservation of stores;
- Co-ordinate and or manage, requisition, receive and issue stores;
- Ensure to liaise with the National Treasury and the Public Procurement Oversight Authority on matters related to procurement and asset disposal;
- Ensure to procure and dispose goods and services;
- Ensure prompt payment to suppliers;
- Ensure to maintain updated lists of pre-qualified and approved suppliers;
- Ensure to introduce of modern inventory management techniques and approaches; prepare tender and prequalification documents for expression of interest for the Board;
- Ensure to monitor contract management by the user department to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions of contracts;
- Ensure to carry out market surveys to inform the placing of orders or adjudication by the relevant awarding authority;
- Ensure to conduct periodic and annual stock taking;
- Ensure to maintain and archive procurement and asset disposal documents and records for the required period; and
- Ensure to submit quarterly reports to the National Treasury and Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA).
- Ensure, operationalize and observe approved occupational safety and healthy rules and guidelines reporting any breach to head of human resource department through human resource officer.
- Collect reports, compile, prepare and submit ad-hoc and or monthly, quarterly and annual reports submit to your supervisor for management and board decision.
- A Bachelors Degree in Procurement and Supplies Chains Management Procurement and Logistics, Commerce, Business Administration (Supplies Management Option), Economics or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in a reputable organization
- Must be a Full member to a professional body either KISM or CIPS or both.
- Must be a Certified Supplies Practitioner by KISM
- Good communication, organization and time management skills
How to Apply
- Download the job application form from the Company Website https://tavevowater.co.ke , print and fill.
- Attach your updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of your National Identification Card (ID), academic certificates and testimonials.
- Hand deliver to the Office of the Managing Director in a sealed envelope indicating the position applied for, reference number and addressed to:
The Managing Director,
TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Company Ltd, P. O. Box 6 – 80300,
Applications should be received on or before Wednesday, 26th July 2023 at 4:00 pm.
- Candidates found canvassing will be disqualified
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer