- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of at least a diploma in education with a minimum mean Grade of C+ (plus) and C+ (plus) in two teaching Subjects in KCSE or its equivalent.
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website, www.tsc.go.ke under “Careers” or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than 18th July, 2023
- Manual applications will not be considered.
- The Commission’s Guidelines for Recruitment of Teacher Interns for 2023/2024 Financial Year shall apply.
- Be unemployed and has not previously been employed by the Commission as an intern or on permanent and pensionable terms;
- Candidates will be required to present original academic and professional certificates.
- Successful candidates will be required to have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
- Selection of Candidates will strictly be on merit and based on the number of vacancies per County.
- Successful candidates must not fill more than one offer of internship.
- Successful candidates will be posted to serve to any primary or junior secondary school in the county where they were interviewed or in any part of the Country where the vacancy exist.
- Successful candidates for Junior Secondary Schools shall be required to
- teach various learning areas under Junior Secondary Curriculum. Visit the Commission’s website (www.tsc.go.ke) for more information.
During verification applicants shall be required to produce the following: –
- A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from TSC online portal as evidence of registration as a teacher;
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable);
- A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport;
- Two (2) colour passport size photographs;
- A copy of National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card;
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).
- The Teacher Internship Programme is a one (1) year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering the teaching service. The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
- The Internship period will be for twelve (12) months.
MONTHLY STIPEND FOR TEACHER INTERNS
- This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher interns attached to Primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 15,000/=, while those attached to Junior Secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/=. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
- On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher interns will be awarded a certificate.
- The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer as per the constitutional provisions and law and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.