Gross Salary: Ksh 60k – 70k,
Our client in the tourism industry seeks to hire a tailor who will be tasked with developing design concepts and space plans.
- Assist in developing design concepts and space plans.
- Specify custom fixtures, furnishings, and equipment in design plans.
- Research high-quality interior products including bespoke items, fittings, soft furnishings, lighting, furniture, sanitary ware, picture, and accessories to the designer’s brief.
- Supervise project activities to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Purchase different design materials for the firm and stores it for future use.
- Make payments to the vendors and keeps records of all the materials purchased and used in any project.
- Visit sites to take space measurements and other relevant information.
- Repair of curtains, chairs, bedding, furniture
- Maintain documentation for renovations and design.
- Coordinate with the contractors on renovation projects.
- Present design ideas
- Execute the ad-hoc assignments when necessary.
- Diploma in Interior Design or related field.
- KCSE Minimum C (Plain).
- Minimum 2 years in a similar position.
- Experience and confirmed knowledge in repair of curtains, chairs, beddings, furniture, and the like.
- Strong creativity, artistic ability and imagination.
- Ability to apply a sense of style to create aesthetically pleasing interiors.
- Strong visual design skills including proportion and aesthetics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized person.
- Advanced attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple teams and resolve any issues regarding operation and delay.
- Problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Tailor – Tourism) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7th March 2023