Kenya Red Cross Society
MANAGER,LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSING
Nairobi, Kenya – Full Time
Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organization sustainably promoting the wellbeing, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified professional in the following position:
|Position Title: Manager-Logistics & WarehousingDepartment : Supply ChainReporting to: Deputy Secretary General -Corporate Services Job location: Nairobi|
To plan and manage logistics, warehouse, and transportation
- Coordinate the development, planning and implementation of warehouse activities
- Oversee the overall logistics function and provide leadership on optimization of inbound logistics, warehousing and product demand fulfilment through a centralized process.
- Coordinate the issuing of materials, goods and supplies against approved requisition orders
- Participate in contract negotiations with suppliers and contractors
- Develop and implement a responsive distribution and transportation system to ensure timely delivery of materials, goods and supplies
- Coordinate effective maintenance and repair of the Society’s fleet of motor vehicles and related machinery
- Coordinate the investigation of motor-vehicle accidents
- Coordinate risk assessment and ensure that the Society’s properties and assets are properly insured for damage and loss
- Prepare budgets, reports and analysis of Logistics costs
- Cultivate a network of strong and lasting partnerships with stakeholders in the NGO humanitarian sector and relevant Government agencies
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews, and business process improvement programmes
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Logistics, warehousing and logistics staff
- Partner with the Heads of Departments and Regional Coordinators to resolve issues that are directly related to the various sections in logistics, procurement and works
- Continually develop, design and improve systems, policies and procedures that will improve the workflow processes in the logistics department
- Coordinate effective maintenance and repair of the Society’s fleet of motor vehicles and related machinery and ensure all documentation is up to date including insurance and inspection documents
- Review, verify and authorize motor-vehicle work tickets
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategic plan and budget for the acquisition, repair and maintenance of the Society’s fleet of motor-vehicles and related equipment
- Coordinate the implementation of a computerized transport fleet management information system
- Coordinate the investigation of motor-vehicle accidents, provide estimates for repair and maintenance costs and following up with garages and insurance companies
- Ensure performance evaluation for drivers and warehouse staff against defined targets and objectives
- Assess training needs as well as implement on-the-job training programmes and support the training and develop national staff and volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/ Procurement/Business Management or related field
- Relevant professional qualification;
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience with two years (2) at supervisory level
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation, Formal presentation.
- Ability to write complex reports.
- Valid Clean driving licence
- Able to work in a challenging environment in which flexibility and responsiveness is essential
- Analytical skills
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 27th February 2023; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
Kenya Red Cross Society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment