Switch Media is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team in our South C office. The Graphic Designer will apply art and design skills to produce a visually appealing product for the client. Products may include logos, promotional advertisements, brand materials, media, and other print and digital marketing collateral.
The ideal person for this position has an excellent design sense, an eye for detail, and an artistic background with the ability to coordinate color, imagination, and electronic messaging into different environments.
- Manage and execute client vision– Work with clients and internal stakeholders to understand the assignment, audience and intended message. Create original visual designs that communicate the desired intentions in a visually appealing, creative, and unified way. Consult with team members as needed and revise projects when necessary based on feedback. Coordinate all production requirements and provide final approval notification.
- Design and detail – Design and select graphics, clip art, and photography as needed. Choose fonts for written copy and manufacture samples of layouts for approval by the client. Prepare samples for the client and appropriate staff for review.
- Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design, or a related discipline is highly preferred
- At least three years of related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite and design software
- Ability to work independently on an assignment and as a member of a team.
- Create visual text and imagery concepts by hand or with the help of computer software
- Communicate ideas that inspire and captivate consumers
- Develop the production design and overall layout for advertisements, magazines, banners, products, brochures, and more.
- Design graphics to meet specific promotional and commercial needs like logos, packaging, displays, or imagery for digital and printable products
- Decide how images and text work to fit a specific layout and size.
- Collaborate with copywriters for text design and creation
- Create infographics that make complex ideas more accessible
- Test graphics across various media
- Communicate concepts and designs to clients or Art Directors prior to incorporating them into revised designs
- Amend designs based on stakeholder and client feedback
- Scan final graphic designs for typos and errors before publishing
- Upskill to keep up to date with the latest tools and technologies