Configuration Management Analyst
The Software Asset Management function is domiciled within the larger Technology Service Delivery Unit in Technology Division. SAM as practice is intended to achieve and drive the following within the bank:
- Be a strategic decision maker for software Assets (Entire Lifecycle).
- Oversee and enforce software policies and procedures by increasing awareness throughout the organization.
- Track, measure, and report on software compliance and optimization.
- Act as a point of escalation for software issues not resolved at operational level.
- Streamline and automate SAM efforts to enable an elevated stakeholder experience.
- Track and deliver a positive Return on Investment (ROI.
The Configuration Management Analyst owns the configuration management process whose aim is to identify, record, control, report, audit and verify service assets and configuration items, including baselines, versions, constituent components, their attributes, and relationships to support the Service Management processes efficiently and effectively by providing accurate configuration information.
- Records and maintains CI information and relationships for all in-scope CIs contained within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), ensuring data is current and provides quality input for Incident, Problem, Change, and other IT Service Management processes.
- Provides design guidance on the structure of the CMDB, including CI types, naming conventions, required and optional attributes and relationships.
- Oversees and performs configuration audits on a regular basis, identifying records with incorrect or outdated information, and coordinating with CI owners to remediate data inaccuracies.
- Monitors health of the Configuration Management process and the CMDB, recommending process, design, or operational updates to reduce time and cost requirements for CMDB upkeep and improve overall data quality.
- Manages business service mapping process, providing a visual representation of CI relationships and helping to show real-time business impact of CI changes and services that are impacted by an outage.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Configuration Management standards, processes, policies and procedures; recommend updates based on experiences to streamline processes and improve efficiency of execution.
- Collaborate with IT Asset Management and other technology teams to design integrations and consolidate data from hardware discovery and asset repository systems, ensuring the CMDB has updated source data.
- Design, implement, and socialize detailed configuration management reports and dashboards to show overall health of the CMDB and the IT infrastructure enterprise wide.
- Develop materials and execute training for technology staff on Configuration Management principles, policies, standards, and procedures to drive adoption and adherence to these procedures across the enterprise.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree (any IT/ Business Related degree).
- Any one of the professional qualifications listed is required ITIL Foundation/ Project management/ MCSE/ Linux is required.
- 5 years’ experience in Infrastructure Support (Hardware & Network) at a supervisory level within Microsoft & Linux environments.
- 5 years’ experience in Configuration Management at supervisory level.
- 3 years’ experience in Change Management and 2 years’ experience in Project Management.
- 2 years’ experience in Service Desk support in an ITIL compliant environment and/or Application support.
- Knowledge and experience with ITSM /Software Asset Management / CMDB Tool.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday 7th December 2022.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.